Set in the midst of one of the most corrupt eras of Israelite history, Ruth is a story about three compelling characters. Naomi is an elderly widow who has lost everything and returns to her homeland empty and bitter hoping simply to survive. Ruth is Naomi's young daughter-in-law, also a widow, and a foreigner, who at great personal cost refuses to let Naomi face the future alone. Boaz is the local patriarch - a man of wealth and influence who in this epic tale is given the opportunity to do the right thing, even though the right thing might not be the obvious thing.
Join us beginning Sept 25 as Rev. Jim Bass facilitates this powerful class in cooperation with Dr. Sandra Richter via video. Sandra Richter is the Robert H. Gundry Chair of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California.
Classes are on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 - 8:00 pm in the Worship Center Parlor and on Wednesday mornings from 10:00 - 11:30 am in Wesley Annex.
Registration opens on our web site Aug 16 and closes Sept 13.
Whether you are a newlywed or celebrating 25 years of marriage there is one thing that everyone will admit - married life is not for the faint at heart! Starting Sept 10 Rev. Howard Huhn will begin a new marriage enrichment experience called MarriedLife. More than a short term study, MarriedLife is a 9 month transformative marriage experience with group teachings, monthly activities and experience for couples, and a community of support for all our marriages.
MarriedLife aims to be proactive in helping husbands and wives see the importance of marriage while transforming worldly attitudes about marriage so we can clearly see God's design and purpose in marriage.
MarriedLife requires a 9 month commitment from both the husband and wife. The cost ($80) covers all materials. Monthly gatherings will be from 4:00 - 6:00 pm on Sunday afternoons (Sept 9, Oct 7, Nov 4, Dec 2, Jan 6, Feb 3, Mar 3, Apr 7, May 5).
Financial Peace University
FPU is a nine-lesson class on money management taught by Dave Ramsey through video sessions.
- Our church’s Finance Director, Ken Lair will help facilitate the class and be available for questions and explanations.
- Kent McVey will also help facilitate the class. Kent and his wife Kathy took an FPU course here at the church several years ago and found it to be very helpful.
- This team will walk you through the basics of budgeting, dumping debt, planning for the future, having funds available for serving others, and much, much more.
- Starts Sundays, January 21, 2018 at 5:00 – 6:30pm in W-106 (Northeast annex of Wesley Hall)
- Cost is: $109 (includes workbook, 9 sessions, access to on-line services/other FPU resources)
- Childcare (infant-PK) available with advanced reservations
For more information about Special Studies contact Janis Finch, 281-482-7535 x 121