Upward is an evangelistic sports ministry specifically designed for boys and girls four-years-old through sixth grade. Emphasis is placed on “Christlikeness” and good sportsmanship—not championships and trophies.
Upward seeks to strengthen children and their families by:
- Maximizing the family schedule by having only one hour of practice and one game each week,
- facilitating an atmosphere of sportsmanship by not keeping league rankings,
- allowing the coaches to focus on ministering, instead of game strategy,
- by having a set substitution system that allows all players equal playing time,
- and by maximizing ministry opportunities by exposing participants & spectators to Scripture-based halftime devotions.
Friendswood UMC offers three Upward sports programs:
- Fall Flag Football (with cheerleading)
- Winter Basketball (with cheerleading)
- Spring Soccer (sign-up for 2018 season NOW)
Spring Soccer Starts Soon! REGISTER HERE
Early Registration - 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 $100.00
Cost after 2/5/18 - $120.00
Registration on a space available basis only after February 12, 2018
*Registration costs include uniform shirt/shorts/socks. Players must provide their own shin guards and footwear/cleats.
Evaluations: Everyone is required to attend one evaluation.
All evaluations are held at the soccer fields at Friendswood Methodist.
1st Evaluation - February 10, 2018 2:00 - 4;00
2nd Evaluation - February 12, 2018 4:30 - 6:00
Teams are coed.
Practice/play their games on EITHER Friday evenings OR Saturday morning at Friendswood UMC for one hour (you can choose which day).
Practice one hour EITHER Monday OR Thursday evenings at 6:00pm at FUMC; games will be Saturday mornings, also at Friendswood UMC.
Practice one hour EITHER Monday OR Thursday evenings at 6:00pm at Fellowship Bible Church, 1720 E Broadway, Pearland; games will be Friday evenings, also at FBC.
First Practice: March 5, 8, 9, or 10, 2018 (depending on the practice day your team has.)
First Game: March 23 or 24, 2018
Last Game/Celebration: May 18 or 19, 2018
For more information, contact email@example.com