2019 GRADUATING SENIORS!
We can’t wait to celebrate your graduation with you and your family! Please make sure to look through the forms to get registered for the Senior Sunday lunch and apply for the scholarships we offer through the church. Download the 2019 Graduate Recognition Packet HERE.
Important Dates to Remember!
- April 29 Scholarship Applications Due
- May 6 Luncheon Reservations Due & Up to 5 photos (including a Sr Picture) submitted electronically to email@example.com
- May 19 Graduates Recognized in Worship at 8:30 & 9:45, Luncheon at 11:15
MORE THAN MISSION WORK
Responding to the needs of our neighbors is our primary missional focus but United Methodist Action Reach-out Mission by Youth also provides an opportunity for youth and adults to experience Christian growth through service to others. Participants combine their strengths and resources to meet home repair and maintenance needs for low income, elderly and disabled homeowners who are physically or financially unable to make needed repairs themselves.
Our National Program Team develops a theologically sound annual program to be used at all programs nationwide. Young people return to U.M. ARMY year after year because our programs provide the opportunity to impact the world around them and the encouragement to build relationships with neighbors in need, new friends and positive adult role models. Participants realize the power of God’s love as they mature into strong Christian leaders. Many will become leaders in the U.M. ARMY program. Some may choose careers in ministry settings. All will remember their time at U.M. ARMY their whole life long.
Friendswood Methodist is leading a mission to Jasper, Texas July 14-20. Cost is $275
This year our junior high mission trip, Surf N Serve, is headed to the island June 30 - July 3. We will be working with different non-profit organizations on the island. $175 includes everything except money for snacks and one meal out. We will be staying at Moody Memorial Methodist Church. 2803 53rd ST, Galveston, TX 77551. REGISTER HERE.
Lakeview Summer Camp 2019
It's crazy to think about but we are already working hard getting ready for Lakeview summer camp 2019 at Lakeview Methodist Conference Center. We have some really exciting plans for new recreation and activities. Registration is now open for this upcoming summer. REGISTER HERE
Children entering 3rd – 12th Grade can attend. We encourage you to sign up early so that you have more time to pay for camp. Signing up does not require a deposit.
How to register for Summer Camp 2019 at Lakeview:
1) Select your week of camp – Session 2 June 16-21, 2019 South/Southeast Leadership.
2) Register for Camp - Go to www.lakeviewmcc.org to register for the week that you have selected to attend. Families will fill out all forms and pay online. There is no deposit required to register. You will receive a confirmation email when fully registered. Registration does not include travel to and from camp. We generally provide transportation on a bus.
3) Pay for Camp – You will have multiple options of how to pay including auto pay, check, pay later or by the church making payment on your behalf.
4) Apply for financial assistance -Campers in need of financial assistance can apply directly to Lakeview for scholarship opportunities. You can find more information on the Lakeview scholarship program on Lakeview website or by calling Peggy (903.538.2711). They will disburse scholarships as the need warrants on a first come first serve basis so apply early.
If you have any questions about the 3rd – 5th Grade camp please contact Lee Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 281.482.7535 ext:106. If you have questions concerning camp for 6th – 12th grade contact Adrienne@friendswoodmethoist.org or 281.482.7535 ext. 109. To learn more and register visit www.lakeviewmcc.org.
Senior Sunday 2019 GRADUATING SENIORS!
We can’t wait to celebrate your graduation with you and your family! Please make sure to look through the forms to get registered for the Senior Sunday lunch and apply for the scholarships we offer through the church.
Important Dates to Remember!
April 29 Scholarship Applications Due
May 6 Luncheon Reservations Due & Up to 5 photos (including a Sr Picture) submitted electronically to email@example.com
May 19 Graduates Recognized in Worship at 8:30 & 9:45, Luncheon at 11:15