Upward is an evangelistic sports ministry specifically designed for boys and girls four-years-old through sixth grade. Emphasis is placed on “Christlikeness” and good sportsmanship—not championships and trophies.
Upward seeks to strengthen children and their families by:
- Maximizing the family schedule by having only one hour of practice and one game each week,
- facilitating an atmosphere of sportsmanship by not keeping league rankings,
- allowing the coaches to focus on ministering, instead of game strategy,
- by having a set substitution system that allows all players equal playing time,
- and by maximizing ministry opportunities by exposing participants & spectators to Scripture-based halftime devotions.
Friendswood Methodist offers three Upward sports programs:
- Fall Flag Football (with cheerleading)
- Winter Basketball (with cheerleading)
- Spring Soccer
Spring Soccer 2021
Registration is $100.00 through February 2, 2020.
Registration after February 2 is on a space available basis only; fee increases to $120.
*Registration costs include uniform shirt/shorts/socks. Players must provide their own shin guards and footwear/cleats.
Everyone is required to attend one evaluation. Evaluations for all age groups are held at the soccer fields at Friendswood Methodist
Sunday, Jan 24, 2 - 4 pm
Tuesday, Feb 2, 4:30 - 6 pm
Teams are coed.
PreK4 - Kinder
Practice/play their games on EITHER Friday evenings at 6:00 pm OR Saturday mornings at 8:30 am, at Friendswood Methodist for one hour (you choose which day).
1st - 4th
Practice one hour EITHER Monday or Thursday evenings at 6:00 pm at Friendswood Methodist.
Games will be Saturday mornings at 10:00 and 11:00 am, also at Friendswood Methodist.
Practice one hour EITHER Monday or Thursday evenings at 6:00 or 6:30 pm at Fellowship Bible Church (1720 E. Broadway, Pearland). Games will be Friday evenings at 6:00 or 7:00 pm, also at Fellowship Bible Church.
First practice - week of March 8 (on your team's assigned practice day)
First game - March 26 or 27
Last game - May 21 or 22
Full refunds will be available if you withdraw before 2/22/21. After 2/22/21, amount of refund will be considered on a case by case basis.
For more information contact Director Tami Griffith at firstname.lastname@example.org