Christmas JOY Party
Time Commitment: 2nd Saturday December
Coordinator: Rev. Sam McRae
The Christmas Joy Party is our largest all church Missions Outreach of the year. We need your assistance and would love for you to be a part of this exciting ministry to provide approximately 30 - 35 families with their Christmas. Families that could use some help around the holidays apply to be a part of this event.
Families come Saturday, December 14th from 11:30 am - 1:30 pm. Each family and their sponsors (Church volunteers) eat lunch together. Afterwards, the children get to meet Santa, get a picture taken with him, make crafts, and play games. While the children are occupied, the parent(s) receive (1) $50 gift card to HEB for food (Provided by Food Pantry Funds), (1) $25 gift card from a shoe store (Finish Line, Journeys, DSW, Famous Footwear or Footlocker), a specific number of $50 Walmart gift cards (One card per family member; a family of four receives 4 gift cards), and a couple of new toys for young children. The Walmart gift cards give the parent(s) the opportunity to purchase specific gifts for their children as well as the flexibility to purchase gas for their car, groceries, household items, etc.
We are also looking for volunteers to help make this event happen. To volunteer or for more details, contact:Rev. Sam McRae at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers, We have a place for you:
- Help with the games & crafts
- Be a greeter
- Be a family sponsor and spend time with assigned family
- Help in new toys and gift cards area
- Help with setup and tear down
- Bake cookies - we need 75 dozen (you can bring them that day)
- We need 150 $50 Walmart Gift Cards
- We need 35 $25 Gift Cards to shoe stores (Footlocker, Finish Line, DSW, Famous Footwear, or Journeys Kidz)