Thu, September 10, 2020
We are officially starting our nursery ministry this Sunday, September 13th. As we welcome our infants, toddlers and preschoolers, everyone’s safety is our top priority. There will be some changes to how we do things, but not what we do! We will continue to care for your children while giving them a firm foundation of knowing God and the love of Jesus. We ask for your grace, patience and understanding during this time as we implement new procedures and guidelines.
- Parents will be required to check their children in on their personal cell phones using the Shelby NeXT app. (If you are not aware of this app, please visit our website to find instructions on how to use and download the app)
- When you come to the nursery/preschool area, you will be asked to stop at the check-in table. There, a staff member will ask you some health questions about your child and their temperature will be checked and then they will be escorted to their correct classroom by a staff member.
- Children under 2 will not be required to wear a mask. For children over the age of 2 we ask that they wear a mask, but not required, at arrival and dismissal. Once they are in the classroom, they may remove the mask.
- When parents come to pick up the child, a staff member will pick up the child from the classroom and bring them to the check-in table to be reunited with the parents.
- We are also limiting the number of children in each classroom to 8 with the exception of the infant room that will be limited to 4. Each child will stay in their own classroom and not travel to any other rooms while they are here in the nursery
- We are also asking parents to limit their child's time in the nursery to one service: 9:30am or 11:00am until further notice. That will help us curb the spread of germs as we are able to disinfect all the rooms between services and limit everyone's exposure.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact Hillary@friendswoodmethodist.org