Hiring: Sports Director for Children’s Ministry
Thu, May 27, 2021
Friendswood UMC is a member of the South District of the Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. Our mission is to share the life-changing power of Jesus Christ everywhere and every day. We are hiring a Sports Director for Children's Ministry.
Position Description –Sports Director for Children’s Ministry
This is a part time ministry that demands more attention at various times. The ministry position will work with an Upward Sports Board to design and maintain a ministry that helps families and children discover an everyday faith through sports. Upward is a comprehensive program for ages four years through sixth students and their families. Programming takes weekday evenings and Saturday mornings.
- Mature Christian with a Christ-like attitude performing all work “as unto the Lord” with willingness and excitement over the ever growing and challenging ministry
- Competent in leadership abilities, such as organization, delegation, and administration
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to interact with many different individuals in a professional manner
- Self-motivated with a team approach, including the ability to motivate and inspire children, youth, parents, and volunteers
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate volunteers.
- Strong problem solving skills, especially in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Collaborate with the Director of Children’s Ministry and staff to strategically vision, develop, organize, and schedule Upward Sports.
- Serve as a liaison between Friendswood United Methodist Church and Upward Sports Programs.
- Coordinate and work with Upward Partner churches.
- Recruit and work with the Directors of Basketball, Soccer, Football and cheer programming for children ages four year old to sixth grade.
- Assist in recruiting, training, supporting, and encouraging commissioners and volunteers to ensure quality programs and effective use of resources
- Build strong relationships with directors, coaches parents.
- Work with Friendswood UMC Media and Advertising Department to ensure good market coverage.
- Attend Upward Sports Conferences and workshops.
Candidates interested in applying for this position may send resumes to:
Friendswood UMC Search Committee
C/O Lee Ann Love
110 Friendswood Dr
Friendswood, TX 77546