Now Hiring - Associate Director for Tweens
Thu, October 14, 2021
Friendswood Methodist is a member of the South District of the Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. Our mission is to share the life-changing power of Jesus Christ everywhere and every day. we are looking to hire an Associate director for our Tween (11-14 year old) Ministry
Position Description – Children’s Associate – Director of Tweens ministry
This ministry position works closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry. The Children’s Ministry provides a comprehensive program for ages early childhood through sixth grade students and their families. Programming takes place Sunday mornings, some Sunday evenings, weekday afternoons and evenings, and can include multiple on-campus camps during the summer.
- Mature Christian with a Christ-like attitude performing all work “as unto the Lord” with willingness and excitement over the ever growing and challenging ministry
- Degree in Education preferred
- Experience in Children’s Ministry as a volunteer and/or paid staff.
- Competent in leadership abilities, such as organization, delegation, and administration
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to interact with many different individuals in a professional manner
- Self-motivated with a team approach, including the ability to motivate and inspire children, youth, parents, and volunteers
- Strong problem solving skills, especially in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Collaborate with the Director of Children’s Ministry team to strategically vision, develop, organize, implement, and supervise tween ministry programs, activities, trips and events
- Implement Sunday morning programming for Tween Ministry by previewing curriculum, preparing needed materials, and communicating with Sunday morning and Wednesday volunteers
- Assist in recruiting, training, supporting, and encouraging volunteers to ensure quality programs and effective use of resources
- Build strong relationships with parents and implement parenting small groups, workshops, and other events that emphasize teaching Christian principles at home
- Participate and serve as an integral member of Friendswood Methodist staff by attending staff meetings, and working on joint-ministry events as needed.
Candidates interested in applying for this position may send resumes to:
Friendswood Methodist Search Committee
C/O Lee Ann Love 110 Friendswood Dr.
Friendswood, TX 77546
Or email: email@example.com