Now Hiring Positions
Thu, April 21, 2022
Friendswood United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time (28 hrs) receptionist.
Responsibilities include welcoming guests, answering and directing phone calls, managing door and a/c schedules, assisting with benevolence ministries, and receiving and distributing deliveries. Strong candidates present competencies with windows based software and spreadsheet/word processor software experience.
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
Candidates can submit their resumes to email@example.com
Early Childhood Director (Part-Time)
Friendswood Methodist is a member of the South District of the Texas Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. Our mission is to share the life-changing power of Jesus Christ everywhere and every day.
Position Description – Early Childhood Director
Early Childhood Director provides a comprehensive program for birth through preschool children and their families. Programming takes place Sunday mornings and some Sunday evenings, weekday afternoons and evenings, and can include on-campus camps during the summer.
- Mature Christian with a Christ-like attitude performing all work “as unto the Lord” with willingness and excitement over the ever growing and challenging ministry
- Degree in Early Childhood and/or Elementary Education is beneficial.
- Experience in Children’s Ministry as a volunteer and/or paid staff.
- Competent in leadership abilities, such as organization, delegation, and administration
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to interact with many different individuals in a professional manner
- Self-motivated with a team approach, including the ability to motivate and inspire children, youth, parents, and volunteers
- Strong problem solving skills, especially in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Collaborate with Ministry team to strategically vision, develop, organize, implement, and supervise all Children’s Ministry programs, activities, trips and events
- Implement Sunday morning programming for children ages infant to preschool by previewing curriculum, preparing needed materials, and communicating with Sunday morning volunteers
- Assist in recruiting, training, supporting, and encouraging volunteers to ensure quality programs and effective use of resources
- Hire, train, schedule, and support nursery staff, and complete bi-monthly payroll for Sunday mornings and other ministry programs as needed
- Build strong relationships with parents and implement parenting small groups, workshops, and other events that emphasize teaching Christian principles at home
- Participate and serve as an integral member of Friendswood Methodist staff by attending staff meetings and working on joint-ministry events as needed.
Candidates interested in applying for this position may send resumes to:
C/O Lee Ann Love
110 Friendswood Dr
Friendswood, TX 77546